Latest IOWMCC Covid-19 Update (31/10/20)

9 months ago • 31/10/2020Posted by Wayne Brodie

Following the statement earlier this evening, from the UK Government - introducing a 2nd national lockdown - for England. I am fully expecting a further announcement from ACU (either tomorrow or Monday) suspending all motorcycle sport until at least December 2nd.

The trial planned for Saturday 7th Nov (The Guy Fawkes Cup) is all but cancelled. However we need to wait until directed by ACU to formerly cancel - this way we stand a chance of getting a refund for the permit fee. The 'entries open date' for the planned trial on Sat 7th Nov has been put back until Wednesday (from Monday) this will prevent anyone from entering before formal cancellation - thereby saving them from the £3 surcharge - that ACU would apply to all members who have entered prior to cancellation.

The 2 trials planned for December 8th & 26th will go ahead providing the national lockdown has been lifted. The Winter Series Award winning qualifying criteria will be amended (again). Full details will be available soon.

Unfortunately our AGM along with regular Committee meetings have now been postponed until further notice. The Club accounts have been submitted to the auditors as usual and will be made available at AGM, once we can legally hold one. However we will be accepting Club Member of the year nominations and voting - very important we still do this, probably by email. Full details will be available, once we've had chance to make them up!

It follows that our Awards evening will almost certainly have to be postponed too! Traditionally this is held in February, each year, but it's looking very unlikely in these weird and strange times. More details to follow.